This 3-day course that complies with the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, the Approved Code of Practice L74 guidelines for the qualification of Workplace First Aiders.
Where an employer has carried out a risk assessment and identified a need for a fully qualified First Aider, a person should be nominated for training in accordance with HSE guidance and legal obligations.
• Possess an aptitude to absorb knowledge & skills
• Be able to cope with stressful and physically demanding emergency procedures
• Have duties that do not prevent them going immediately to an emergency
• Aims and principles of first aid
• Prevention of cross-infection during first aid procedures
• Basic Life Support (CPR)
• Management of the unconscious casualty
• Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding and shocked
• How to deal with burns, poisoning and eye injuries
• Assessment and treatment of common major and minor illnesses, including fractures, dislocation, head injuries, epilepsy and diabetes.
• Managing asthma attacks and choking
• Legal aspects of first aid at work – record keeping and use of equipment
On successful completion of the course and final assessment, the delegate will receive the HSE Approved, nationally recognised, First Aid at Work Certificate. This is valid for three years.
* By choosing on-site training, you can split the days over which the course is delivered and schedule courses at times to suit your organisations requirements. The course can also be delivered over the weekend. Contact us to discuss your requirements.